Monday, November 21, 2011

A Rookie Who Breaks the News

This lack of article assignments is really taking a toll. I'm bored, and I feel lazy with nothing major in my schedule. Granted, I do have some chores to do, and I'll go for a run in the evening, but I figured I'd get my blog post out of the way first.

I broke two stories before three major news outlets Friday. The article in my last blog post about the woman who posed nude at a church? It was posted to the Lilburn Patch website Friday morning, and around 5 p.m. the same day, the same incident was reported on the AJC's website and on WSB-TV, both found here. It's not breaking news since it happened more than a week ago, so I'm fairly certain someone read my article and decided they should write about it, too.

The other story is a bit less exciting. For my last Meet the Owner column, I interviewed a lady who just opened Scentalicious, a soy candle shop in Stone Mountain Village. It posted Friday at 12:01 a.m. on the Stone Mountain Patch. Around 10:30 p.m., I got an email from the owner saying CBS Atlanta saw my article and went over to shoot a story for the 11 p.m. news. (Unfortunately, there's no direct link for the video.)

And yesterday, I changed my nail color again. Commander in Chic by Sally Hansen.


I love it. I just hope it doesn't chip as badly as the Gray by Gray.

No comments:

Post a Comment