Friday, November 4, 2011

Nail Polish, Halloween and Shithead

This is my week in review. I imagine this is going to be a long post. Let's go in reverse chronological order.

Before every weekend, I paint my nails. Last night I grabbed "Empower" by AVON.


And this is what my thumb looks like. Do I feel empowered? Yep. Especially holding a cup of Yogi chai tea.


My verdict for the color: Eh. I'm surprised I chose this color out of the dozens in my collection, especially since I went dark last week, too.  I'm content with it for now, but by Tuesday, I'll be itching to grab the nail polish remover to put on a lighter color.

In more exciting news: "Shithead" (pronounced "shuh-theed"), a dating parody video created by my kid brother and his friend, went viral last week.


On Tuesday, it aired on "Tosh.0" as the Viewer Video of the Week. Check it out here.

Daniel Tosh completely pronounced their names wrong, too. Kurush Bakhtiari = Kurushi Bakhtiari, and Andrew Ruse = Andrew Rose.

Regardless, we were pretty stoked. It was also on G4's "Attack of the Show" (jump to 1:35) and on HuffPo last week.

He's only 20 years old. I can only imagine what he's going to accomplish by 30.

Last Saturday we had a Halloween party. I decided to dress up as Lana Kane, and Alex went as Cyril Figgis, both from "Archer."


I've spent more money on this outfit than on any other Halloween outfit. Luckily, I already had the boots and belt, but I had to buy the gun holster (from Walmart!), the dress from Victoria's Secret and the BB guns from Wumart.

I've only worn this costume once, but I want to wear it again so badly. DragonCon 2012, anyone?

As for this weekend, it seems like it's going to be pretty quiet. Brickstore tonight, and so far, that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment