Wednesday, December 21, 2011

My Snitch Came In!

It's obvious from previous posts that I like to buy things. Recently, I purchased this fabulous Harry Potter item:



I hear it opens at the close.


And it does! Only to reveal a watch.

I got it off Etsy from someone in China who was selling it for $3. It cost more to ship it, but everything ended up being less than $10. The necklace seems like it's decent quality, too, at least a bit better than Forever21 quality. Tons of them can be found on Etsy, and I'm very tempted to get a silver one to match my engagement ring.

Also from Etsy:



Yes, I know it's not positioned correctly. The arrow should be pointing southwest, not northwest. But I'm so glad I finally replaced my Hello Kitty decal.

And here's one last purchase I made:


It was an impulse buy, made while I was interviewing a lady in Stone Mountain Village. After making jewelry for 20 years and collecting items for the past three years, she decided to open her own shop filled with the jewelry she makes and antiques she finds at auctions and estate states.

I saw this tree jewelry holder and couldn't resist. And at $30, it seems like a steal to me, because it doesn't look like something that will tarnish in a few years. Even though I only had $27 on my Paypal card when I bought it (I used my credit card), I totally don't regret buying it at all.

Hopefully I'll do another update this week since next week I probably won't have time. I just got word that I'll be guest editor for the Lilburn Patch next week. Super stoked because that means more money and more experience for me! I've been such a slacker these past few months, I'm not sure if I can handle it. (Of course I can.)

No comments:

Post a Comment