Monday, January 23, 2012

Now You Sea Me, So Exercise.

Couldn't sleep. These days, I end up sleeping at 4 a.m. and waking at noon. I thought exercising everyday is supposed to help you sleep better?

I figured I'd update. I've neglected blogging, and it was because of that guest editor job. Don't get me wrong; it was good money and good experience, but it was time consuming like nobody's business. I blame some of it on not being accustomed to certain formats and protocols. Regardless, hopefully doing it placed me higher on the job ladder, because I'm not finding anything else to do at the moment.

Which gives me enough time to finally get my exercising straight. I've finally gotten serious about the 5K I'm doing in March. I'm hoping I stick with it, at least until the run so that I'm not a complete failure. With the obstacles and everything, I'm hoping I can run it in 40 minutes. Then again, I'm not sure what the obstacles actually entail, so 40 minutes could be really shitty.

Anyway, this is what I did today in 31 minutes:


I wish there wasn't a glare. But yes, that is 2.916. My goal, and though it may not be much, is to do three miles under 30 minutes. I'm hoping I can do that by the end of January so I can start training outside in February, with real hills and real dirt and real weather, but I've been fluctuating with my timing. Sometimes I have a good run, and sometimes I don't. This, so far, has been the best, considering timing and speed and treadmill hills.

I've only been running three times a week, and on my off days, I try to work out my core. So far, I think it's been helping, but only time will tell. I still don't think I have any upper body strength.

As for nails:


Now You See Me by L'Oreal. This is the first color I have absolutely loved since buying Power Clutch by Essie a few months ago. I'm always a fan of neutral colors that stick out, and this does the trick.

And I realize, after posting this, that this photograph doesn't correctly portray the actual color of my nails. It's more of a gray-blue, not the bright blue pictured above via Instagram. It's still a pretty picture, though, isn't it? I took it while waiting to get my tires rotated. I like the contrast with my red flats =]

For a more accurate shade, check out this person's blog. Gorgeous color.

Earlier this month my roommate, my brother, his girlfriend and I ventured for a two-day trip to Gatlinburg, Tenn. I'll post some pictures of that next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment