Thursday, February 9, 2012

Catching up

I finally have a minute to update! And by saying that, I probably just jinxed myself.

Let's try to get things up to speed: I'm actually losing weight with exercising and changing my diet. (Well, sort of, anyway). Last time I checked last Saturday, I lost 4 lbs., which isn't a whole lot, but when you're only 5 feet tall, it's a lot. Plus, my goal is to lose no more than 10 lbs. and get toned.

This week and next week I'm guest editing for the Norcross Patch. Laura, one of the best editors I've ever worked with, decided to leave the website, and now Patch is hunting for her replacement. So far, I'm being considered for the position, but I'm not getting my hopes up; the same thing happened with the Lilburn Patch, and the position went to someone else, so I just don't want to be disappointed.

And here are the photos of Gatlinburg I promised:


We got there the day after it snowed just a little, and it was perfect weather. The roads weren't icy at all, but the rivers and mountains were covered in it.  

The actual shops downtown were pretty dead, though. Having arrived just after New Year's, I thought it would be a bit crowded, but the streets were scarce. I still got some awesome mugs, though. Which reminds me: 


Favorite mug. Instagrammed.

No comments:

Post a Comment