Friday, March 16, 2012

Zombie Run

Run for Your Lives, the zombie 5k obstacle course mud run I had been training for, was a few weeks back.

It was not what I imagined at all, but it was still enjoyable. I don't know if I would do it again, mainly because of all the mud. I was so muddy from it that I was still finding mud in my nose three days later.

I think what frustrated me the most was that I had trained so hard and met my goal, yet it didn't matter. It had rained badly the night before and morning of the race, so at times we had about six or so inches of fluffy, tough mud.

The mud was pretty much impossible to run through, so we only sprinted when we needed to, which were when zombies were around. My muscles weren't used to some of the obstacles, so that took a toll on my body, especially since I didn't stretch after the run. My left thigh is still is a bit messed up from the race.

I almost made it out alive. Everyone had three flags at the start, and the zombies would try to take them. I had all of mine up until the very last zombie obstacle. There was a five-foot opening in this maze-type area, and a zombie took my last life while I was trying to go through it. I was so close =[

But alas, everyone still received a medal.

And last but not least, some pictures taken over that fabulous weekend:

Elliot, left, with me and Patrick, right, hanging out before the big mud slide at the end.
Patrick and I before the big slide.
Before the race.
Post-race.
Just me, post-race.
I think I like the before and after pictures the best. We got so muddy!

There are some great shots taken by the Run for Your Lives photog, but they're super expensive. It's $15 per digital photo, and $50 for the whole photo bundle. I'm glad I had friends who took pictures and video of it =]

No comments:

Post a Comment