Sunday, December 11, 2011

'Hunger Games' Withdrawal

I just finished "The Hunger Games" this weekend, and I'm having trouble picking out my next book to read. I promised myself that I would read "A Game of Thrones" next, but I can't seem to get into it, possibly because I know the main storyline since I've watched the HBO series.

I'll probably do a review of "The Hunger Games" at one point since I'm going through a crazy fan phase right now. I almost want to go back and reread them already, but I will constrain myself since I just made a list of books I need to read.

 
This weekend was pretty legit. Went to see Max Bemis and Sherri Dupree at the Masq on Friday and it was surprisingly good for an acoustic show. From a concert-goer who likes to mosh, crowd-surf and skank, it's hard for me to stand still at a show, so when I say it's good, it truly was a good show.


As husband and wife, they're super adorable. Sherri, who's the lead singer of Eisley, has a pretty good voice. Max, the lead singer of Say Anything (who I've seen about 3 or 4 times), played more stuff off his band's records than I thought. He has three albums under his solo-acoustic name Max Bemis and the Painful Splits, so I thought he was going to play mostly from that. From the early days of "Baseball" to his latest days under the band's self-titled album, he played a little bit of everything. He even played "The Church Channel," one of my favorites that he never plays.

Saturday we all went to a cocktail birthday party. Overall, it was enjoyable, not to mention a fun excuse to dress up.


My dress is from Modcloth. It's backless, but I didn't take a picture of the back, so check it out here.

My shoes are super cute, too. Unfortunately, this is the only picture I have of them:


My friend Beza and I decided to try on each other's shoes. Mine are the pink nude ones, from Charlotte Russe.

Lots more to talk about, but I will reserve it for another post. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment